- The pagan priests worshiped
other gods but did not know the one true God. The idolatrous priests
worshiped other gods but knew the one true God.
- Israel would be taken captive.
- We no longer fear Him. We
feel that even though he may withhold blessings and goodness from us, He
will not do us any harm.
- No. God planned punishment
for the nations around Israel,
for those who influenced them into sin or harmed them in some way.
- Because of their reproach,
insults, and arrogant threats against God’s people the nations wound
- The unjust knew no shame.
- When the Messiah came the feasts and rituals would end.