- The wise will hear and increase
in learning and also seek wise counsel.
- The fear of the Lordís
- We are not to be enticed by
sinners and the evil they hastily run to.
- Rebuke, destruction,
distress, calamity, terror, distress, anguish will come upon those who
refuse wisdom and the fear of the Lord.
- All comes from the Lord.
- They will deliver us from the
way of evil and from those who do evil and from the immoral woman.
- Mercy and truth in our
- We are to trust in the Lord
not our own understanding.
- God will bless us abundantly
in whatever we honor Him.
- He chastens and corrects
those He loves.
- Wisdom produces length of
days, riches, honor, pleasantness, peace, happiness, and the tree of life.
- Do not withhold good from
someone when it is in your power to do it.
- We are not to do evil
against our neighbor who trusts us or strive against someone who has done
us no harm.
- A wise parent will instruct
the child in wisdom and understanding.
- The wisdom and understanding
of a parent will produce life and health to those who find them.
- You can lose your honor,
wealth, and suffer a cruel life.
- We are to be satisfied with
our own wife.
- We are to humble ourselves
before them and plead with them for deliverance from the debt.
will bring poverty.
- God hates a proud
look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises
evil, those who run to evil, a false witness, and one who sows discord
- One who commits
adultery will not be innocent or avoid consequences. A husbands fury will
never be appeased with any amount of gifts.
- She will lead your soul to
Sheol and death.
- Those who fear the Lord will hate evil, pride, arrogance, and a
- Wisdom was with God before the creation of the world.
- A wise man will accept correction and teaching.
- Wisdom will add days to your life.
- A foolish woman is boisterous, simple, and knows nothing.
- A wise son or child.
- Righteousness delivers from death and pours out blessings.
- Love will cover all sins.
- The righteous speak what is acceptable the wicked what is perverse.
- The Lord hates dishonesty or deceptiveness.
- Riches will not deliver you from death.
- An excellent wife is the crown of a husband.
- Truth declares righteousness.
- Anxiety causes depression.
- The righteous must choose their friends carefully.
- Dishonest wealth will
- Whoever walks with the wise
will become wise.
- A good person will leave an
inheritance to his childrenís children.
- He who loves his child will
discipline him early.
- Leave the presence of a
foolish person when you perceive in him no knowledge.
- The prudent consider every
word and every step.
- We should have mercy on the
- We have a place of refuge
and we have life in the Lord.
- A nation who practices
righteousness will be exalted.
- A soft answer can turn away
- The wise disperse
- The Lord delights in the
prayer of the upright and loves he who follows righteousness.
- The greedy will trouble his
- The Lord will make the
enemies of those who please Him to be at peace with him.
- The Lord allows us to make
our plans but He will direct our steps.
- For a king to do wicked is
- Wisdom and understanding
are better than gold and silver.
- Destruction and the fall
follow pride and a haughty spirit.
- The silver haired person
who walked in righteousness is glorious.
- A shameful son can lose his
authority and some of his inheritance.
- He who is happy at calamity
will be punished.
- He who justifies the wicked
and condemns the just is an abomination to the Lord.
- Isolation can produce selfishness.
- Humility brings forth honor.
- A brother you offend is hard to win back.
- A wife is a good and favorable gift from the Lord.
- A person who is friendly will have many friends.
- The false witness and the
one who speak lies will not escape punishment.
- A prudent wife is from the
- The Lord will pay back what
you lend to the poor.
- Evil will be kept from
those who fear the Lord.
- Your children are blessed when you walk in integrity.
- Your deeds will determine whether you are pure and right.
- If you curse your parents you will be left in deep darkness.
- The Lord will repay evil done to us.
- Our inner spirit is a lamp to the Lord.
- The Lord wants us to do righteousness and justice more than He wants
- A man who wanders from understanding puts himself in the assembly of
- It is good to stay away from a contentious and angry woman.
- He who is righteous and merciful will find life, righteousness, and
- Humility and the fear of the Lord bring honor, riches, and life.
- The Lord will protect and plead the cause of the poor and afflicted.
He will punish and plunder those who hurt them.
- Correction and discipline will save a child from destruction.
- The drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty.
- The one who takes too much wine will suffer woes, sorrows,
contentions, complaints, wounds without cause, and redness of the eyes.
- A house built with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding is one
filled with precious and pleasant riches.
- The Lord will consider your heart and what you knew as He renders
judgment on your deeds.
- We should not rejoice but pity our enemy when he falls lest the Lord
relent of His wrath.
- We should try to resolve the issue before we go to court.
- False giving is like the threatening wind and clouds without the
- We should do good unto our enemy.
- One who hates disguises it with his lips Ė by his kind words. Do not
- Others should praise us not ourselves.
- A contentious woman is like the continual dripping on a rainy day.
- A man is refined by what others say of him.
- Boldness comes with righteousness.
- A poor man who walks in integrity is better than a perverse rich
- If we confess our sins we will receive mercy for them.
- He who gives to the poor will be blessed.
- The wise hold back their feelings.
- A manís pride will bring him down.
- Agur requested neither poverty nor riches but what was allotted to
him lest he be full and deny the Lord or be poor and steal and profane the
- The grave, the barren womb, the dry earth, and a fire are never
- The earth cannot accept a servant when he reigns, a fool when he is
filled with food, a hated woman when she is married, and a maid who
succeeds her mistress.
- The ant is little and weak but well prepared, rock badgers are
feeble but make their homes in the crags, locusts have no king but advance
in ranks, and the spider\ lizard skillfully finds food even in kingsí
- Kings should stay away from much women and much strong drink.
- Kings should help those who canít defend themselves and the poor and
- A virtuous woman is worth more than rubies.
- A virtuous woman is one who does good and not evil; she works with
her hands and provides food for her household; she helps the poor and the
needy; she is strong and honorable; she is wise, kind, and not idle; she
is blessed by her children and praised by her husband; she fears the Lord.