- Jonah was sent to the city of
- Jonah chose to not go to Nineveh.
- God caused a great storm to
come up against the ship Jonah was on.
- The men on the boat feared
for their lives and eventually threw Jonah into the sea.
- a. Jonah prayed repentance
from the belly of a great fish (a whale). b. He was in the belly of the
fish for three days and nights.
- The people feared the Lord
God and repented before Him by fasting and covering themselves with sackcloth.
- God relented of His
punishment because of their repentance.
- Jonah was angry because he
knew of God's mercy. He did not want the Assyrians to have that mercy.
- God cares for all people
especially those who are confused and don't know which way to turn. All
people will have a chance for repentance. If Jonah valued the life of a
plant how much more should the life of a people be valued who have no