- To rebuild His temple in Jerusalem.
- In the second year of King
Darius they began to rebuild the Temple
of the Lord.
- The temple had lost its
importance and priority to them. They were very complacent.
- The temple will be filled
with more glory than that of the previous temple. People from all nations
would come to the temple.
- The people were defiled to
God. They were unclean, making the temple unclean. They needed to purify
- God struck the people with
famine, blight, mildew, and hail. He held back the work of their hands.
- God wanted them to remember
the lack of food, grain, and oil before the temple was rebuilt and how bountiful
and blessed they will be from that day forward after laying the foundation
of the new temple.