- What king of Persia
issued the decree to rebuild the temple of the Lord?
- What furnishings were sent
back to the house of the Lord that King Nebuchadnezzar had taken?
- Why were some men excluded
from the priesthood?
- How many people came from Babylon to Jerusalem?
- How many servants came with
- Who did the people of Jerusalem fear when they came back to Jerusalem?
- What ordinance of David did
the people keep as they rebuilt the temple?
- What were the emotions of the
people as they rebuilt the temple?
- Why did the adversaries of
the Israelites offer to help build the temple?
- a. What king was convinced by
the adversaries to stop the Jews from rebuilding the temple? b. What was their
reason that convinced him?
- What two prophets helped to
motivate the people to start on the temple again?
- a. What king did the Jews ask
to let them rebuild the temple? b. How did they try to convince him?
- How did King Darius help the
Jews rebuild the temple?
- When was the temple finished?
- Who was Ezra?
- When does Ezra go to Jerusalem?
- What did King Artaxerxes send with Ezra for the temple?
- Why would Ezra not ask the
king for an escort to Jerusalem?
- What would Ezra do before
leaving out for the journey?
- a. What had the people of Jerusalem done since
coming back to their land? b. What was Ezra's first reaction after
learning this? c. What did Ezra do
- What did Ezra tell the
people to do concerning their pagan wives?
- How long did it take for the
Jews to put away their pagan wives?