- Who brought the news of Saul's death to David?
- Why did David kill the Amalekite?
- Who reigned over Israel in Saul's place?
- What tribe followed David?
- How long did David reign over Judah?
- What happened to the men of Abner and the men of Joab in a battling contest?
- Who did Abner kill in the battle?
- Why did Abner become angry with Ish-Bosheth?
- What did Abner resolve to do against the son of Saul?
- Who did David ask for from Abner?
- What did Joab accuse Abner of doing?
- What did Joab do to Abner?
- What curse did David speak against Joab's house?
- What happened to Ish-Bosheth as he was resting in his house?
- What did David do to Rechab and Baanah?
- How old was David when he began to reign as king over Judah?
- How long did David reign as king over all Judah and Israel?
- a. What happened to Uzzah when bringing the ark of the covenant back to Jerusalem? b. Why?
- a. Where was the ark of the covenant left? b. What happened at this place?
- Why did David take off his robe before the ark of the covenant?
- a. What did David want to build for God? b. Who did God say would build it?
- How many men of Moab did David keep as servants?
- What did David want to do for the house of Saul?
- What did David do for Mephibosheth?
- What did David want to do for Hanun, the son of Nahash?
- a. How did Hanun's servant perceive David's kindness? b. What did they do to David's servants? c. What did David do
the Ammonites army?
- What sin did David and Bathsheba commit?
- When Bathsheba became pregnant, how did David first try to cover his sin?
- What was David's second plan to cover his sin with Bathsheba?
- What judgement came against David from God through Nathan?
- Why did David fast and prostrate himself before the Lord while his child was sick?
- Who was the second child born to David and Bathsheba?
- What did David's son, Amnon do to his half sister?
- What did Absalom do to his brother, Amnon?
- How long did Absalom stay in Geshur?
- Who plotted to have Absalom return?
- How long did Absalom remain in Jerusalem before he finally saw his father, David?
- What did Absalom do at the entrance of the city gates?
- What foreigner decided to remain with David when he departed from Jerusalem?
- Who became an informant for David in Jerusalem?
- Who did David ask to counter the counsel of his former servant, Ahithophel?
- What did Ziba say Mephibosheth had decided to do?
- a. Who cursed David and threw rocks at him? b. Why did David not kill Him?
- What was Ahithophel's advice to Absalom?
- What further advice did Ahithophel give Absalom?
- What was Hushai's advice to Absalom?
- Who saw Hushai sending Jonathan and Ahimaaz to David?
- What did David ask his men to do with Absalom?
- How many Israelites were killed in the battle?
- What happened to Absalom?
- How did David take Absalom's death?
- Why did David's men come quietly back into the town?
- Who did David make commander of his army in place of Joab?
- Who was the first to meet David at the Jordan on his return?
- Why did Mephibosheth not go with David when he left the city?
- Why were the men of Israel upset with the men of Judah?
- a. Who rebelled against David? b. Who did David send against him?
- What did David tell Amasa to have done in 3 days?
- What happened to Amasa at Gibeon?
- a. Where did Sheba flee to? b. What was the city known for? c. What happened to Sheba in this city?
- Why was there famine in the land for 3 years?
- What did the Gibeonites ask for to appease the wrong that was done to them?
- What did David do with the bones of Saul and his descendants?
- How many more giants were killed by David's men?
- Who did David say was his strength and the one who led him into all that he did?
- Who did David say delivered him from the shadows of death?
- Why did God help David?
- Who gave David strength and direction during battles?
- a. Who were the three mightiest men of David against the Philistines? b. What did each one do that was very great?
- Who lifted his spear against 300 men and became captain of the first three great men?
- Who killed a spectacular Egyptian and became great like the three but not above them?
- What did David do that aroused God's anger?
- Why did David choose the plague for his punishment?