- We are commanded to walk in
- When we walk according to
God's commandments, we will fulfill love to others.
- Some were denying that Jesus
was the Christ who came in the flesh.
- John did not want them to be
deceived by false teachers and therefore miss out on salvation.
- Do not receive him into your
house nor even greet him.
- Receive them and give them
what they need for their labor.
- We become fellow workers for
the truth of God when we help those who labor in the gospel.
loved to have pre-eminence over others and therefore dominated decision
making in the church. He also refused to help those who labored in the
gospel and put those who did out of the church.
- We should imitate what is
good and not evil. We should love the brethren, help the stranger who
comes into the church, and help those who labor in the gospel.
- One who claims to know God
but does evil is not of God.