- Jesus, the Son of God, was
crucified for our sins and has risen to give us forgiveness and life after
- Frivolous and unfounded
stories polluted the truth of the gospel and endless genealogies produced
pride instead of the love, faith, and a pure heart the gospel required.
- He did not believe in Jesus,
and in his zeal for God, he thought he was doing God's will by destroying
the followers of Christ.
- God desires all men to be
saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- They should use discretion in
adornments, be modest when they dress, showing godliness and not
- They were not to teach or
have authority over a man.
- Man is not independent of
woman. Children will come through her. Therefore, she was not destroyed
for her sin in the Garden of Eden. However, she must continue in the
precepts of the gospel to be saved.
- They could have only one wife
at a time.
- He might become prideful and
fall into the way of the devil.
- He should be a good witness of
the gospel and God's word to those on the outside who will judge them and
for those who may accept the gospel.
- The church is where God
exists through the people. It is a foundation where we get strength and
truths so we can stand firm in the faith.
- Jesus (v.16 original text is
"who" was manifested....). Paul is telling us to follow the
example of Jesus for godliness. Then, we will conduct ourselves correctly,
be believed, receive honor, and be taken up in glory.
- Some will fall away from God
and believe strange doctrines.
- a. Bodily exercise helps
extend your life now. b. Godly exercise will extend your life forever.
- He must continue in what he
was taught. Others who hear and continue also,
will be saved.
- An older woman who has no one
to help her.
- They should remarry.
- The elders are worthy of
double honor (compared to the widows who need help).
- Rebuke him before all so they
may fear also.
- Some are clearly evident and
some are not known until later.
- It was a root for all kinds
- Jesus is the firstfruit of those who die and will live again.
- God is the Light whom no man
- They should be ready to give
and willing to share.