- We are chosen by God to be
sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to God and to lead holy lives while
being cleansed of our sins through the blood of Christ.
- We must maintain our faith in
God and in His promise of the gospel.
- To see if your faith is
genuine and may be found to be praised, honored, and glorified at Jesus'
- a. You receive the salvation
of your soul. b. When Jesus returns (vs. 13).
- Be obedient children to the
Father in all things, not conforming to our former lusts.
- To be holy for He is holy.
- He will judge according to
each one's work without partiality.
- Before the foundation of the
world, even before Satan tempted Eve.
- By obeying the truth - the
principles of God.
- a. As newborn babies who need
milk, you need the Word. b. We must grow to maturity as children of God.
The word will teach you how to have a pure heart. Maturity is evidence of
our conversion and ensures salvation of our souls.
- By seeing our good works and
conduct done in the name of the Lord whenever they come before us they
will know our God has real influence on us.
- Our works and conduct done in
righteousness for God.
- By our patient suffering when
we are mistreated by others for doing good.
- He did not sin or return evil
for evil. He suffered quietly and submissively.
- Follow him and his leadership
as is appointed by God. Trust in God when needed instead of taking things
into your own hands.
- By her chaste or pure conduct
a wife can influence a man who is not obeying.
- In her heart not in her
outward physical appearance.
- A gentle and quiet spirit.
- Honor her as weaker vessel
and help her physically and spiritually.
- Be followers of all that is
good and in the will of God.
- The disobedient angels who
took the daughters of men as wives (Gen.6:2, Jude 6, 2Pe.2:4). Or, it may
be all the lost generation of men who died in the flood of the earth. All
these were before either covenant of God.
- The outward sign of your
commitment to God and His covenant through Jesus.
- Seeking to do the will of
- The spiritually dead who were
preached to so that they might be converted and live according to the
- Love for your neighbor or
others will prevent the rise of sin between you.
- By standing firm against
reproach for the name of Christ then we show glory to Him and to God.
- His house - the believers. We
are the living example of His righteousness.
- No, he is scarcely saved
["It is hard for him to be saved...." (NIV)]. We must maintain
our faith and trust in God even under persecution and suffering.
- We must commit our souls to
God in doing good.
- a. They should not serve as
strict lords or masters but lead by example. b. They should not seek
- Be sober or self-controlled
and vigilant against all his works. Seek God each time.
- We will mature, be
strengthened, and stand firmly against further trials. God has settled us
or brought us to a new dwelling place and grown us from a sapling to a